A warm welcome to our subs, visitors and guests including Alison Leah from Leamina, Derrick Brown from Mercury Protection Services and Mike Stevenson from Utility Warehouse.
Ed slot: Janet Munnelly
Janet spoke to us today about Thank You For The Business, the amount we have invoiced since the last meeting. We thank people for many reasons but the main ones are:
- It is polite. Someone has given you the gift of a referral, acknowledging it goes a long way towards getting another one
- It is a way to recognise those who pass business to you
- It allows you to be accountable and shows who is accountable
- It increases their visibility
- It increases their credibility
Confused about who you can thank:
- Internal business – between BNI members
- External business
- Spin off or trier 3, from a previous external referral who has passed you on to their contacts
- Ex BNI member
Notable networker: Simon Raeburn
Notable networker for November is Simon Raeburn from Simon Raeburn Photography for his great TYFTB, 1-2-1 and referrals.
The Carl Telfer Cup
The Carl Telfer cup was won by Ross Jones from Home Financial. Weld done Ross.
Julie Antonelli from Travel Counsellors
Travel Counsellors are award winning travel agency. Each person is an individual franchise owners. They al offer quality, value and a personalised service.
Julie spoke to us about corporate travel and how she can make business travel simple for people.
Travel Counsellors offer a 24/7 service and have a duty of care to their travellers, never leaving them stranded and making changes to travel plans whenever needed.
- Car Hire/Transfers
- PA Service – passport checking, lounge passes, etc
- Book meetings and events
- Safety and reporting – they always know where their customers are
- Air, rail and Eurostar travel
- Hotel bookings
Everything is prepaid and Julie helps by bookings
Julie is looking for people who value good service and the personal touch. Frequent international travellers and groups who travel for conferences and events are all good referrals for Julie.
Since last week, our members have thanked each other for £24,404 of invoiced business. They held 6 one to one meetings, passed 4 referrals and we had 2 testimonials.