A warm welcome to our guests, subs and visitors this week, including Caroline Evans from Mercury Protection Services, Dawn Hilliard from Travel Counsellors, Janet Raeburn from Janet Raeburn Management Services , Justin Culver from JMC Business Consultancy, Kim Nield from TB Electrics , Negin Karimi from Mosaic Digital Media , Paul Critchley from Home Financial , Tim Smith from Business Doctors and Carol Hickson from Crescent Therapy.
BNI provides you with a business passport every week. It changes depending on who attends the meeting but you should use your meeting agenda sheet as your business passport. It is the gateway to expanding your network.
The award goes to Sharon Charteress from Mood Design Solutions for the referrals passed, the one to ones held and visitors bought to the meetings.
We are looking to invite the following trades and industries to next weeks’ meeting.
- Recruitment companies
- Divorce lawyers
- Letting / Relocation agent
The Carl Telfer Cup
The winner of the Carl Telfer cup this week was Janet Munnelly from Heath Insurance.
10 minutes: The Chapter
This week we had 2 speaks, firstly Mike Snape from Bennett Brookes spoke to us about Power Teams. This is a group of related professional that work with the same clients but do not take business away from each other.
Some of the catergories in which you can create a team are:
- Wedding services
- Health and well being
- Business services
Then Mark Whylie spoke to us about visitors. The objective is to complete the following:
- To facilitate the chapter to generate visitors that are interested in what you do
- Reach an audience with your 10 minutes
- Contribute potential members to the chapter
- To raise awareness of Mere with other Chapter
There are 3 things that you can do in the weeks prior to your 10 minutes to help facilitate this happening.
- 3 week prior – In your 60 seconds talk about the visitors you would like and why they will benefit from attending.
- 2 week prior – In your 60 seconds talk about what will be in your 10 minutes
- 1 week prior – Remind everyone, in particular eligible visitors as they will see the benefits of our chapter and the agenda led presentation
How can members help each other?
- Post on LinkedIn
- Post on BNI forums
- Comment on BNI forums
- Comment on LinkedIn
- Invite relevant businesses who may benefit
So far in February, our members have invoiced over £28k.
This week alone members passed 17 referrals, held 21 one to one meetings and we had 2 eligible visitors attend the meeting.