A warm welcome to our guests, visitors and subs this week including Adam Green from PTT UK Telecommunications, Andrew Dickinson from Reality Kitchens, Angela Highton from Home Cooked Dining , Carol Hickson from Crescent Therapy Health & Wellbeing, Caroline Evans from Mercury Protection Services, David Webb from Mid Cheshire Clinical Hypnotherapy Health & Wellbeing, (Mrs) Jamie Forster from Akeso Counselling Health & Wellbeing, Janet Raeburn, Judith Todd from Homestyle4u Interior Designer, Karl Donovan from Kutchenhaus, Keith Hadaway from Utility Warehouse, Martin Webb from Elliot James Properties, Paul Critchley from Home Financial, Pierre Simmons from STS UK and Wendy Telfer from Tropic Skincare.
Education slot – the benefits to visitors
Stacey Whitney from Mosaic Digital media talked to us about the benefits to visitors of attending a meeting at BNI Mere.
- Visiting us is a great opportunity to network with local businesses in the area
- It’s your chance to pitch to around 20-25 businesses
- Our BNI is one of the few chapters that start at 10:30am
- You can learn about specific industries and how they can you or your business contacts. For example last week Steve Evans from Genesis explained how Key person insurance can protect your business, if a key person in your business is unable to work.
- Our members are there to offer business support
- The meeting cost just £15 and this includes a very good lunch
- We actively encourage visitors not members and allow up to two visits, so make the most of them
- Finally don’t forget to setup one to one meetings with our members, this is the perfect opportunity to reach new potential clients.
Sharon Charteress from Mood Design Solutions was awarded the Notable Networker for all of the work she does that contributes to the successful running of meetings for both members and guests.
Carl Telfer 60 Second Trophy
Steve Butler was awarded the Carl Telfer 60 Second Trophy this week. Well done Steve.
Mark Whylie from Copperleaf Group
Mark introduced us to Copperleaf Group who are a Construction and Property Development Company. They work on a variety of projects, mainly in the affordable housing sector that range in value from 250k up to their largest project to date of £6million.
Mark is looking to develop their supply chain and procure development opportunities, including as many BNI members as possible. Their current development pipeline represents a £7 million turnover over the next 18 months. They would like to take that to £10 million per year by 2025.
Copperleaf are actively seeking 2-3 sites of 0.5 to 2 acres without planning permission. If you know of any potential sites, please contact Mark directly.
In the last 7 days, our members have invoiced £23,347 from referrals passed at our weekly business meetings. They also held 9 one to one meetings and passed an additional 10 referrals. WE had 7 visitors attending this weeks meeting and our members received 2 testimonials.